BullGuard’s R&D capability consists of 25-30 staff and is responsible for delivering solutions, products and services to a worldwide consumer market on time, to specification and within budget. It ensures that BullGuard’s products are best of breed in every aspect, including how the products score in external industry testing.
The R&D technology extends from client-side applications running on desktops, tablets and phone devices on different operating systems to the definition of the back-end infrastructure which delivers services and support for the BullGuard website and the integrated MyAccount features.
Typical R&D functions are undertaken by the team including developing new products and services, maintaining existing ones and providing an incubator-style feed of new technologies into the product development process. It is a fun, entrepreneurial environment in which the right person can flourish, feel rewarded and progress their career.
- To develop and maintain software programs, according to the agreed specifications.
- To do analysis and debugging for code (including crash dumps).
- To write high quality code, according to best practices in the industry.
- To understand the functional requirements and provide technical solutions to encountered problems.
- Request whenever necessary the team-leader's feedback/support about a task, to ensure that the task will be implemented properly.
- Consistently write performance-minded and highly readable code using industry's best practices.
- Participate in engineering design and feature discussions.
- 1+ year in mobile android development.
- 2+ years in developing overall.
- To have good English skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong core java (J2SE).
- Good understanding of OOP and its associated design skills.
- To be knowledgeable about multi-threading concepts.
- Experience working with source control systems GIT, TFS.
- Experience with Android API, Android Studio, JSON, REST API, SQLite, external Android API and frameworks.
- Understanding Android design practices.
Apply for this job
Submit your CV